MagicISO FAQ #0006
You are here:
MagicISO FAQ > How do I make a bootable
CD instead of bootable floppy?
I have a bootable floppy that was created by
a program to update a computers bios. This
computer does not have a floppy drive. So I need
to basically make the bootable floppy I have
into a bootable cd. If I can make an iso file
that is an exact image of the floppy (boot areas
as well) then I should be able to burn that to
cd using any burning software. Can your program
create this iso file for me?
Ok. Please do the
1. Run MagicISO.
2. Insert the bootable floppy disk into floppy
3. Click "Tools"->"Make Boot image from floppy
4. Save boot image to c:\boot.bif (example only
, you may choose other name);
5. Click "Save" to start make boot floppy image
from floppy disk.
After successfully making boot floppy image
6. Click "New"->"CD/DVD image"
7. Click "Tools"->"Load boot image"
8. Select "From bootable image file" and input
c:\boot.bif into the edit below.
9. Click Ok
10. Click "File"->"Save" to save the iso image
Now start to burn iso image
11. Click "Tools"->"Burn CD/DVD with ISO".
12. choose CD/DVD-WRITER,input c:\boot.bif into
CD image file and choose CD/DVD-WRITER SPEED.
13. Click "burn" to start.
If you have any question, Please let us know.