You are here: Tutorials
> Searching Window
MagicISO allows users to search for files or
folders in ISO file or CD/DVD image file. The
operation of searching dialog is the same as
Windows Searching. For examples, you can search
for files and folders by name, type, and date.
you can search for files containing specific
- Path: specify the path that you want to
- Name: specify the files or folders name
that you want to search. Users can use
wildcard characters for searching. MagicISO
supports a wildcard character is keyboard
character such as an asterisk(*) or a
question mark(?) that is used to represent
one or more characters when you are
searching files or folders.
Use the asterisk as a substitute
for zero or more characters. If you
are looking for a file that you know
starts with "gloss" but
you cannot remember the rest of the
file name, type the following:
This locates all files of any
file type that begin with
Glossary.txt, Glossary.doc, and
Glossy.doc. To narrow the search to
a specific type of file, type:
This locates all files that begin
with "gloss" but have the
file name extension .doc, such as
Glossary.doc and Glossy.doc.
Use the question mark as a
substitute for a single character in
a name. For example, if you type gloss?.doc,
you will locate the file Glossy.doc
or Gloss1.doc but not Glossary.doc.
- Text to find: Searching for the files
containing the specified text.
- Day after: Searching for files or folders
created after the specified day.
- Day before: Searching for files or folders
created before the specified day.
- Include Sub folder: searching for files or
folder in the specified path and its child
on searching result
- Open contained folder: Navigate to the
selected folder or the folder containing the
- Extract: Extract selected files or
- View: Run the selected files or view the
- View with notepad.exe: View the selected
files by notepad.exe
- Rename: Rename the selected files or
- Delete: Delete the selected files or
- Select All: Select all searching result.